Wednesday, September 19, 2012

La Dee Da Means What?!?!?

We get this question all the time, "Why the name La Dee Da?"  So I googled the meaning of the word La Dee Da, and the results were quite comical.  One source says (La Di Da) means, "used to express disdain for something viewed as pretentious".  Another source says (La Dee Da) means, "Good for you. And it's implied that I don't really care".  Both of those meanings could not be any farther from the truth, for us that is =).

La Dee Da is derived from my 13 year old (well almost 13) son, Keyton.  From the moment that little angel could talk he has called my husband, Deeda =).  We do not have a clue where he got it from but it has stuck and he still calls him that to this day =).  My husband has had the joy of being in his life since Keyton was 2 months old, and they are quite the pair =).

Those two precious parts of my heart have always been an inspiration to me <3.  So it seemed only right to incorporate their love for me (and each other) in my everyday work life. Well there you have it, this is the real meaning behind the name <3.

While I am trying this Blog thing out, please overlook any grammatical mistakes ;-).  It has been quite a few years since I have written anything more than my name =).  And if anyone would like to volunteer to be my proof reader I would be much obliged (in my most southern belle voice) <3.

And for the record, this Blog thing might be quite the ride =)...So as my Great Grandaddy T Y Powell used to say, "Get on, Take your seat and Hold on for dear life". (Well I did leave one part out, he used to tell people to shut their mouths....What? He was a school bus driver)

Welcome to my little crazy world, because we all have a little crazy in us ;-).  And truth be told, it's what makes us so creative =).

In His Service (And when I say His, I mean the Lord),
Hope
Queen of Crazy Town


No comments:

Post a Comment